Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Commencing Party Decor

So it's coming down to my son's first birthday. I have about 8 weeks before the big day and it is bringing me both tears and a smile to my face. As I'm overly ecstatic my son is turning one I can't help but be saddened that my baby is no longer going to be a baby anymore. Where did the year go?

With that though I am enjoying planning his birthday party. We aren't breaking the bank on this but I could not pass up an opportunity to create something for my little guy. The theme is pool party/beach balls so I will be creating a few banners and some decor for it. It is an outside event so I can't do too much. The one item I am most excited to create though is the high chair banner. It will be the centerpiece of everything.

Pinterest has given me a few ideas but I always like to give my own twist to everything I see. Also, I have TONS of paper so I really don't want to go out and buy more but try and use what I have. That's going to be the challenge for me: use what you have. I have lots of color and always tend to stock up on cardstock when it is on sale so I don't think I will have a problem. I'm also focusing on primary colors so it should be easy peasy!

With his first birthday coming there is going to be a few more firsts we will cross before we get to the actual event. One is his first haircut. Baby boy was born with a head full of hair and some did fall but he kept most of it. The top part has gotten so long it covers his eyes and ears. We also may see some first steps by the time he turns one. He's been trying to stand all by himself and loves to use his standing walker. We also might get a first word (besides mama and dada) since he has been a vocal machine lately.

I'm loving everything that has happened leading up to this and honestly I'm an excited mama to celebrate his birthday. But if I'm really being honest, I might cry a little. And who can blame me?

No comments:

Post a Comment