Wednesday, June 14, 2017

More party decor

So I'm about 5 weeks out until my son's birthday.  Eek! I seriously can't believe he's going to be 1. I don't want him to grow up but he is and I'm happy and sad.  So because the big day is coming I've been a busy mommy and working on decorations for his birthday.  The theme is pool party but I've been primarily focusing on a beach ball for most of the decor. 

Right now I'm working on his high chair banner so I discovered how to make tissue paper tassels.  Now I could post directions on here but to be honest you can just find them on Pinterest. That's what I did.  I didn't want to spend the money on a fabric panner because I know it's going to get dirty.  And I probably won't use the banner again. Plus,  this was cheaper. Since we are a one income family I have to find ways to cut costs and I already had the tissue!

The main focus of the banner is the 1 sign and that is made from cardstock I had on hand.  Again I need to save money as much as I can so I went with primary colors to make his decorations. I'm loving it all. And though the day will bring tears to my eyes they will be sad and happy tears. 

No comments:

Post a Comment