Friday, April 28, 2017

Worst Mommy Part 2

So I had another "worst mommy" moment last night. Around 3:30 am my son fell off the bed. I quickly shot up at his cries as hubby scooped him up to comfort him. I was dead asleep and so was my son. Hubby was up playing video games.  Now I know you're probably thinking that I should've learned my lesson from before but my son has developed the habit of when he wakes up (even half a wake up) he sits up. It's pretty funny when I feel him move and watch him as he barely has his eyes open and then just kind of plops back down. I think, and I'm not certain since I was sleeping, he groggily sat up but was too close to the edge and fell. He's okay and cried for a bit but no major or minor injuries.

Now a few others may be wondering why he is in our bed. We bedshare/co-sleep/breast sleep or whatever you want to call it. It works for us since he is 99% breastfed and this mommy needs her sleep to stay sane during the day. Now this works for us and honestly I'm not interested in hearing that it could be dangerous and all that negative stuff. This blog is not to lecture anyone on my way of parenting or even to influence others to do what I do. This is just a way for me to share my experiences and crafts with you. Well, the one person who pops in to read. THANK YOU!

That being said I feel horrible that he fell and am now looking in to purchasing bed rails as well as trying to get him to sleep in his crib. Well stay in his crib after I've put him in there. He always starts off in his crib but by 12 or 1 am I am too tired to even try to get him back in it. Truthfully he wakes up to eat and I fall asleep feeding him. So him being in our bed works. At least so this mama doesn't get addicted to caffeine. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment